LAW and WAR

L.A.W. in this case stands for Lawyers Against the War. I like it. Sounds good. W.A.R. stands for war, like in Bob Marley's song.

Now Imagine that my name is... Saddam Hussein or Omar Al-Bashir. Imagine that I invade a sovereign country, basing my decision on false evidence provided by my intelligence services. Imagine that my decision results in more than 4,000 casualties , and way more in the country I invaded: almost 100,000 civilians in Iraq have been killed in the last 6 years, 25 per American soldier dead. Do you think Canadians would have opened their door to me and pay me to present a conference?

No. They would not have. But my name is Bush, George Bush. And they have invited me.

Someone once said: "depending on the way a war ends, history will judge you as a hero (churchill) or a war criminal (Hitler)." Well, you'd better win the wars you start. Because like Bob, I think that:

"(...)until the ignoble and unhappy regimes
That hold our brothers in angola,
In mozambique,
South africa
Sub-human bondage
Have been toppled,
Utterly destroyed -
Well, everywhere is war -
Me say war."

Sad. For the 104,000 gone. And Peace to their souls.

Aucun commentaire: